ITA FundingWhy pay for your training when you could get it for free!
Find out more about the funding available from Skills Development Scotland.
Funding from Skills Development Scotland is currently unavailable. We received notification from Skills Development Scotland on Friday 7th December of the following:
Individual Training Accounts 2018/19 Target Met
As you may know, Scottish Government committed to the delivery of 18,500 training places in 2018/2019 via Individual Training Accounts (ITAs). Following a hugely successful year for this programme, demand from individuals has been strong and as a result this target has been met ahead of schedule. The scheme therefore will be closed to new applicants from 4pm on 7 December 2018 until April 2019, subject to budget approval.
We have many of our course scheduled to run between now and April 2019. If you would still like to book a place on any of our courses, please contact us on 01506 829883. Please note that an alternative payment method would be required for any bookings made.
Skills Development Scotland (SDS) is a national skills body supporting the people and businesses of Scotland in developing and applying their skills. Part of this support includes funding, available to individuals to use for training. This funding is available through an SDS Individual Training Account (ITA).
You may be eligible for up to £200 to use for training and because it is not a loan, you do not have to pay this money back. You could be awarded this funding if you are:
- Resident in Scotland
- Aged 16 or over
- Not in education or involved in any other SDS funded programme
- Unemployed and looking to get back into work
- Employed and earning less than £22,000 per year
Central Training Services Limited is a Skills Development Scotland (SDS) approved training provider and we offer a wide range of ITA approved courses. These include:
If you think you are eligible for ITA funding and would like to book a place on a course, just follow these few simple steps:
- To apply for funding, you can search for a course on the My World of Work website. You will be asked to enter your details to register interest in your chosen course and you will receive an email from SDS to confirm these have been received. Once you have received this email, contact us on 01506 829883 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will advise you what documents you need to provide to confirm your current income status.
Tip: To find a specific course, enter a Keyword on the left-hand side and add ‘Central Training Services’ as the Provider.
*Please note that you are not booked onto a course at this point.
- Pop in to our training centre in Bo’ness with proof of your current income so that we can verify that you are eligible for the funding. We will also finalise your booking with you at this point.
Tip: Not all course costs are fully covered by the ITA funding so there may be an outstanding balance to pay. This must be paid in full to confirm your booking. Please feel free to contact us for a quote before applying for an Individual Training Account.
- Attend your course on the date agreed and we will do the rest.