NVQ Level 3 Certificate: Occupational Health and Safety
The NVQ Level 3 Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety will develop the competency for those who wish to develop their skills and knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety. It is ideal for those who have experience of developing and applying policy and procedures within their organisation.
This qualification is certificated by City & Guilds.
We accept SDS Individual Training Account (ITA) funding for this course.
City and Guilds Level 3 NVQ Certificate – Occupational Health and Safety
The Level 3 NVQ Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety provides the essential knowledge and skills for candidates looking to develop their competency in the application of occupational health and safety good practice within their workplace. The Level 3 NVQ Certificate is ideal for those who are responsible for health and safety in their organisation or those looking to start a career in health and safety in any industry.
To achieve the Level 3 Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety, learners must achieve a total of 31 credits. Learners will need to obtain a total of 23 credits from the mandatory units (301-305) and a minimum of 8 credits from the optional units (306-309). The units are:
- 301 – Ensure responsibility for actions to reduce risks to health and safety
- 302 – Develop procedures to safely control work operations
- 303 – Monitor procedures to safely control work operations
- 304 – Promote a culture of health and safety in the workplace
- 305 – Conduct a health and safety risk assessment of the workplace
- 306 – Investigate and evaluate health and safety incidents and complaints
- 307 – Make sure actions in the workplace aim to protect the environment
- 308 – Review health and safety procedures in the workplace
- 309 – Supervise the health, safety and welfare of a learner in the workplace
There is no set time for achieving the certificate; however, candidates must complete their assessments within their 2 year registration period. Candidates work towards gaining this qualification at their own pace. Most certificates are completed in 6-12 months.
An assessor will guide the candidate through the NVQ Certificate on a one-to-one basis.
City and Guilds Level 3 NVQ Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety.
Portfolio based assessments are usually conducted onsite, by email or in candidate workshops.