NVQ Level 5 Diploma: Occupational Health and Safety Practice
The NVQ Level 5 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Practice is aimed at those who wish to develop their skills and knowledge in managing health and safety for the workplace. It is ideal for those who directly report to or are part of the senior management team.
This qualification is certificated by City & Guilds.
We accept SDS Individual Training Account (ITA) funding for this course.
City and Guilds Level 5 NVQ Diploma – Occupational Health and Safety Practice
To achieve the Level 5 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Practice, candidates must achieve the following mandatory units:
- 402 – Develop and implement effective communication systems for health and safety information
- 510 – Promote a positive health and safety culture
- 511 – Develop and maintain individual and organisational competence in health and safety matters
- 512 – Control health and safety risks
- 513 – Develop and implement proactive monitoring systems for health and safety
- 514 – Develop and implement reactive monitoring systems for health and safety
- 515 – Develop and implement health and safety emergency response systems and procedures
- 516 – Develop and implement health and safety review systems
- 517 – Develop and implement a health and safety audit
- 518 – Behavioural safety in the workplace
- 610 – Develop and implement the health and safety policy
Candidates may also wish to complete any of the following elective units:
- 519 – Influence improvements in health and safety practice
- 520 – Develop, implement and review the organisation’s health and safety strategy
- 521 – Contribute to health and safety legal actions
- 522 – Manage contractors to ensure compliance with health and safety
- 523 – Develop and implement the health and safety induction process
Candidates may also wish to complete a City and Guilds assignment for Unit 611 – Professional development and ethics in health and safety management to gain IOSH Graduate membership.
There is no set time for achieving the diploma. Candidates work towards gaining this qualification at their own pace; however, they must complete their assessments within their 2 year registration period.
An assessor will guide the candidate through the NVQ Diploma on a one-to-one basis.
City and Guilds Level 5 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Practice.
Candidates who also complete the Unit 611 assignment can apply for IOSH Graduate membership.
Portfolio based assessments are usually conducted onsite, by email or in candidate workshops.